Duplicating and moving reviews between products
If you are looking to move reviews from one product to another, you can do so by following the steps below.
1. First of all, you go to your Product Reviews app settings and then the Import section.
2. Then, you export all of your product reviews to a CSV file by using the Export button.
4. Find the product handle of the product from which you want to duplicate or move reviews.
The Shopify product handle, if your product's URL is https://yourshop.myshopify.com/products/awesome-product, then awesome-product is the handle.
5. Search (CTRL + F) for the product handle and replace it with the new product (the one you want to move the reviews to).
Example: Copy reviews from product ABC (handle: abc) to product DEF (handle: def), then search for abc and replace with def for all results (use Find and Replace functions within Excel or Libre Calc to do this for all results).
6. Save the changes as a CSV (text file) and upload them using the Shopify Product Reviews button.
When importing new reviews, the old ones will not be overridden! Only the reviews that contain the new product handle will be imported for the new product (duplicated), while all your existing reviews will be left untouched. You can remove the reviews for the old product once they are moved to the new one or keep both of them (duplicated).
Please keep in mind that if you are having any difficulties in moving/duplicating reviews or just concerned about maybe making some mistakes, you can always reach out to us, and we'll do it for you!